Adventuring Scarf, Wrap & Cowl by Ambah O'Brien
This is a fully written pattern printed on quality card stock, and includes a designer provided, security enabled Ravelry download code for a single digital version of the pattern.
"The Adventuring Scarf & Wrap was designed with a Yarn Advent Calendar in mind, to make the most of daily mini-skein gifts that appear. There are so many possibilities—add colours in randomly, arrange your minis in a gradient fade, or use a main colour and alternate with mini skeins. This is also a perfect way to use up all those leftover yarns hiding in your stash. Simple garter stitch and eyelet lace keeps this a mindless knit; and the regular colour changes will keep you wanting to knit on. Add optional fringe or keep your ends plain, the result, an easy-to-wear piece, you’ll treasure for years. What colour adventure will you take with your Adventuring Scarf & Wrap?"
Cowl - "Grab some mini skeins of yarn and whip up this project. It’s a fun addition to your cool weather wardrobe and a perfect gift for someone special. Designed to use minis from Advent kits or those gorgeous yarn sets gathered over the year, the Adventuring Cowl is also perfect to use up those teeny balls left over from your favourite projects. Fade it, work your colours in a more random order or choose a main colour with some colour pops thrown in along the way! Simple garter stitch and eyelet lace keep this a mindless knit, and the regular colour changes will keep you wanting to knit on. What colour adventure will you take with your Adventuring Cowl?"
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS - Scarf (Wrap)
- Top Edge: 80 (80)“/203 (203) cm (without fringe)
- Width: 8.75 (18.25)”/22 (45.5) cm
- Circumference: 21”/53.5 cm
- Height: 20”/51 cm
Measurements taken after blocking.
- Scarf (Wrap): 12 (25) 4ply/fingering colour set, each skein consisting of 61 yd/56 m.
- Fringe: 12 (25) 4ply/fingering colour set, approximately 5 yd/5 m of each colour.
- Cowl: 400 yd/366 m of 4ply/fingering yarn; either a single skein or 25 mini skeins each consisting of 16 yd/15 m.
Yarn kits suitable for this pattern can be found on our Yarn Kits & Clubs page.
- Scarf/Wrap: 18 stitches and 44 rows = 10cm/4" in Adventuring Stitch, blocked
- Cowl: 18 stitches and 36 rows = 10 cm/4" in Adventuring stitch, blocked
- Scarf/Wrap: US 5 - 3.75 mm
- Cowl: US 4 - 3.50 mm
Please note that Patterns sold are final and will not be refunded (see the Refund Policy for more details).